Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dallas Zoo

Finished the last layout from my early 2008 storage binder this week while I was waiting for the ice to melt so it would be safe to venture out. I used a sketch from the Double Up series at Get It Scrapped! I really like these two page sketches because they include measurements for the photos. I turned both pages of this sketch 90 degrees because the majority of my photos were landscape. The title and subtitle are pieces I cut from the map of the zoo.

This is actually the third layout I've made with photos from that day at the zoo, so I triaged the remaining photos into my LOM category drawers. Several went behind the Places We've Been/Zoo tab, one behind the Family & Friends/Natashia tab, and one behind the All About Us/Together Forever tab.

4 comments:

humel said...

Lovely, Melissa :-) I like the use of animal print paper!

Cheri said...

I know I already said it, but I am so impressed with how well you are working your LOM system! Great layout!

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Looks like Dallas has a great zoo! I'm like you and have way more landscape shots than vertical ones - great way to adapt the sketch!

Sian said...

Yes, it's cool to actually see the LOM system really working.

I so need to get into the habit of taking more vertical pictures!