Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Creative Life Follow-Up

I had a request to see some of the individual pages in my Permission to Live a Creative Life mini-album, so thought I would do a quick follow-up post with some of the pages and a few more thoughts on the self-paced class at BPC.

There were two components of the class, both of which I really enjoyed. The first is Courtney Walsh's thoughts on how important it is to give ourselves permission to create. Her thoughts and prompts for journaling throughout the mini-album are excellent and really encourage you to think about how you view your creative time. The second component was the mini-album itself and the easy to follow step-by-step instructions for each page. There were several ideas for pages that I've not used in a mini-album before, like using an envelope for a page or using the plastic sticker packaging as a pocket on a page. Here's a look at some of the individual pages in my album.

Creativity quotes & envelope as a page to hold creative prompts.

Pocket page for more creativity quotes & clear packaging to create pocket for dreams.

Quote page (which is covering a page of journaling beneath) and things to do when my creativity has stalled page.

Promises to myself page (promises listed under cover of patterned paper) and final page with quote.
I would definitely recommend this class for anyone who feels guilty for taking time to be creative. The prompts for journaling and the fun mini-album are well worth the $10 price tag for the class.

4 comments:

mcscraps5 said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Ginger said...

Well I'm happy you showed all the pages, when I saw the first post I thought, oh I would love to see what they look like :). Your creativeness shines through from your sketch challenges to your sister's quilting group color challenge and through to the LOM challenges! I always enjoy seeing what you are up to next.

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Wow, for $10 this class seems to be a real bargain! Great little mini album, looks like you had fun with it!

Cheri said...

Thanks for this. I'll be adding this class to my "to do" list! :)