Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

More January Blues

My sister posted her completed blue quilting projects last weekend, so I decided to finish up the month with a couple more January Blues layouts.

I had a wonderful note that Pun'kin Natashia left on the guest bed after one of her visits, and I really wanted to preserve it on a layout. I mounted the note on blue cardstock, used my scallop punch on a photo of Natashia from that visit, picked some miscellaneous blue letters for a title, and completed a quick simple layout.

Then I created a two-page layout for our 8x8 Do It Yourself album, this one featuring the paperback bookshelf that Robbie made several years ago. I started with a 12x12 patterned paper from Karen Foster Design aptly called "DIY Construction." I cut one 8x8 piece and one 4x8 piece, then added a solid blue cardstock to complete the background for the 2 pages. I pulled several strips of matching cardstock from my scraps file for the title and journaling and used an old set of Rubber Stamping Ideas alphabet stamps for the title.

I really like the way this patterned paper adds to the DIY theme of the layout.

I don't know yet what February's color will be, but I've enjoyed making these blue layouts and can't wait to try a new color next month.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Ah, what a precious note! I've saved some things that my nephews have sent me and included them in some divided page protectors inside my albums. But I love this too. Next letter I get, I may just have to scrapbook it. :)

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Just lovin' your scrapbook pages!!

Tonight instead of sewing, I plan to start organizing my recipes to make my scrapbook recipe binders!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Sian said...

You are right - that paper is perfect and really does add to your theme.

Preserving that note on a scrapbook page? That's the very best kind of scrapbooking :)

humel said...

Such a sweet note! :-) And I love to see shelves crammed with books xx

Kathy said...

Just here checking out the rest of your blue scrappy pages. That's such a cute idea to preserve that thank you note from your niece! What a nice memory. I've got to work hard this weekend on the finishes to my blue quilty things.