Saturday, January 8, 2011

January Cards

This year I am planning to make all my greeting cards. My plan is to make all the cards I need for the following month before the first of that month. However, I was a little late getting my January cards created due to all the fun holiday activities in December. Luckily I only needed two birthday cards for January.

For one of the cards, I used a picture from my old Mary Engelbreit calendar, and I used the January 2011 Craft It Forward project instructions from Scrapbooks etc. to create the second card. I substituted a cupcake sticker for the star. It's actually a flat sticker, so I first mounted it on cardstock, cut it out and used a pop dot to add a little dimension to the card.

And in the spirit of the Craft It Forward project, I created these four Valentine's Cards to send to Card Cupids.



I have five cards to make for February, not counting Valentine's Day, so I'm hoping to get started on those very soon.

10 comments:

Cheri said...

really cute Melissa!

Ellyn said...

so cute! I'm a huge Mary Engelbreit fan especially. Love the new look of your blog too. so classy!

Rachel B said...

Brilliant cards Melissa, I think I need some of you organisational skills!

btw.. I like you blog make-over :)

Stephanie Joanna said...

what a great goal to have, I'm sure your handmade personalized greeting cards will be much appreciated by the lucky recipients! I love the Valentine's Day ones!!

Alana in Canada said...

You are certainly on the ball! Good for you. Cute cards, too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Sian said...

What a beautiful new header Melissa!

Your organisational skills are amazing :)

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

That's a great idea to stay ahead on your card making. I need to make some Valentine's for Card Cupids, too!

Jade said...

Love your cards! Thanks for supporting Card Cupids!

*A* said...

Those are adorable! Thank you for taking the time to make cards for Card Cupids!

Steph said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining the Card Cupids challenge!