Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 14



I delivered several gifts to friends at the library; there was a beautiful display of nativities in the library foyer. I had lunch with Rebecca at La Finca Chiquita while Robbie did a little Christmas shopping. This afternoon we went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie in 3-D. (Last week I won the prize drawing at our book club meeting - a $25 gift card to Cinemax - which made this outing all the better!) This evening we ordered a cheese bites crust pizza and watched Frosty the Snowman. While I was crafting, Robbie brought me in a festive treat of hot chocolate and 3 little holiday cookies.

CREATIVE TIME
I saw this sketch by Liz Qualman late Monday evening on the My Little Sketch Blook blog and instantly knew which photos I wanted to use to create a layout.

I immediately printed a copy of the sketch and pulled out my photos and papers and was just thumbing through some embellishments when Robbie mentioned that it was after midnight! Alas, I had to wait until Tuesday evening to put it all together. I couldn't decide on a title - I love these photos because we were being silly and having fun, so I just decided to call it silly fun.


2 comments:

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Great layout, fun colors and a bright look suits your silly fun perfectly! i sure could go for a cup of hot chocolate, hmmm...

Rachel B said...

Great layout Melissa, I like the way you have used the photo booth strip :)