Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Learn Something New Every Day: Sept 1 & 2


Completed the first two pages for my mini-album for the Learn Something New Every Day class.

For my pages, I am first creating a 3" x 4 1/2" lesson block using Shimelle's digital template and papers. I'm including a photo and my lesson for the day. Shimelle also provided us with Try Something New prompts for each day to encourage us to try something new with our scrapbook pages. I cut the prompts up, folded them and put them in a bowl so that each day I could draw a new one as I started my page.

For September 1, I started with my blank page, the printed lesson block and a Try Something New prompt that read "cut a variety of circles by tracing around items in your kitchen."

I picked four patterned paper scraps and traced around several items in the kitchen.

Then I cut out the circles and inked the edges.

I ended up adhering the circles randomly on the page, adding my lesson block and then adding some circle rub-ons that my sister sent me for my birthday. I have not had great luck with rub-ons, however Robbie had gotten me a new rub-on tool for my birthday and it worked wonderfully. Here's the completed page.

September 1 - Today I learned: I can scrub both bathrooms, feather dust every room, vacuum all the carpet, and sweep all the flooring in the entire house in ONE HOUR IF I don't take any phone calls (or otherwise get distracted)! Thus leaving more time for the fun things on my to-do list!

For September 2, my Try Something New prompt read "close your eyes and pick a piece of paper from your scraps as your starting point." Since all my scraps are organized by color in page protectors, I chose my blacks and oranges, closed my eyes and chose a patterned paper in each color to create this layout.

September 2 - Today I learned: I can set up a new desktop computer, set up a wireless modem/router, install new software and printers, and completely erase the hard drive in the old computer IF I take it step by step and have lots of patience. And I can enjoy it all now that it's working properly!

1 comment:

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Love how you are working the prompts into your pages! I'm completely impressed with your patience setting up a new computer!