Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Christmas Clutter Countdown Week Two

Christmas countdown banner Week two of the Countdown was actually last week, but I'm just now finishing up the list of to do items for the week. Here's my progress:

CHRISTMAS WEEK TWO
This week's to do item was to prepare for the coming holidays was to complete a Christmas budget. I didn't really create a budget, however I did create my gift-giving list. I have decided to make most of the Christmas gifts we will give to family and friends this year. I have a list of my ideas and will be picking up the few supplies I need over the next week or so. I'm excited about what I'll be making but can't share them here with you as many members of my family and friends read this blog! :>)

DECLUTTERING WEEK TWO
I didn't really work on decluttering a specific room for week two, rather I took the week to set up our new computers. So far, I have the new desktop up and running (although I still need to install/download three programs), the new modem/router is set up and working, and the new laptop is working (although there is a glitch in the webcam and we may have to exchange it in a few days and start over with the set up). I still have more to do on this project - will be working on installing the other programs and getting the external hard drive set up tomorrow.

I did take a half hour today and straighten the closet in my office/craft room. I actually decluttered/organized this closet a few months ago as recorded in a previous post, but since then I had set a few items in the closet floor thinking I would put them where they belonged "later." So, today I put those items up - a new wrapping paper bin that replaced the old shredder base in the corner of the closet to hold wrapping paper and shipping tubes, Christmas paper and bags that I picked up at a garage sale went in the attic with the other Christmas wrapping supplies, and empty storage containers (bins, baskets, etc) went on the shelf in the garage where I keep these items so when I need a container while I'm organizing I can check and see what  I have before buying something new. So, that closet is back in tiptop shape.

I also made a list of future projects I have stored in the closet. I added these to my craft projects/ideas spiral where I keep a list of projects I want to do. I'm trying to get in the habit of checking the list when I make my plans for the week so that I can work on these projects when I see that my schedule permits.

1 comment:

Smeepee said...

Wow - you are so organised! You've just reminded me; I have a whole bunch of xmas ornaments to make up, so I really must get on to them! :)