Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Square Punched Photos

The Library of Memories Community weekly challenge for July 22 was to "Spend 30 minutes square punching photos in your cold storage box. Create a card or a layout with a few of these freshly punched photos." I decided to go through my 2001/2002 cold storage photo box and square punch photos I didn't plan to scrap (or ones that I had already scrapped the duplicate of). I have three different square punches and I used whichever size looked best to punch out faces from the photos.

Prior to doing this, I only had about five square punched photos in my Square Punch Drawers. I now have quite a few photos and am looking forward to adding these to layouts, especially ones where I want to tell a story but don't have a photo that exactly matches the story.


I created a layout with 18 of the square punched photos - all of my niece when she was four-years-old. I love the way she would hold up four fingers to show how old she was right after her fourth birthday.


I'd already used many of these photos in a 2001 photo album and 2002 12x12 scrapbook, however I love the way this layout turned out with photos from the entire year. This layout will go in our Family & Friends LOM album. (This layout design was inspired by of a layout by Elizabeth Dillow for the Big Idea Festival at BigPictureScrapbooking.com.)

Do you have old or duplicate photos laying around that you could square punch? Can you think of a unique layout for them?

1 comment:

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Great idea and beautiful layout! Don't you love how the LOM system and BPS give such great inspiration?