Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Sketchy Thursdays 8-26 Sketch Challenge

(I know I've already posted twice today, but I finished up a layout and just had to share it!)

This layout is based on the 8-26 Sketch Challenge on the Sketchy Thursdays blog. This layout came together fairly easy because I started with this great 12x12 patterned paper from My Mind's Eye.

I had these two photos in my 2010 storage binder and knew I wanted to use them on a page about us. I pulled the solid cardstock and both patterned papers from my scrap bin, matted the photos and punched the remaining cardstock and papers into circles. I added a few coordinating embellishments from My Mind's Eye to several of the circles and Prima flowers to a few others.


I love the look of this layout and the one word title says it all - I love my hubby and our life together!

5 comments:

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Love that background paper and the colors you used on the layout!

S said...

Oh I like the extras added to the circles. Nicely done.

S said...

Oh I like the extras added to the circles. Nicely done.

Theresa said...

Hi Melissa. thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comments. I see you did ST too. This is some of my favorite new paper. I love the base page you selected. It was perfect for the rest of the layout.

I was looking at your mini book too. very cute.

=)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your LO is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)