Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dimensional Details Workshop Layouts

I am currently taking an online workshop called Dimensional Details that is offered through BigPictureScrapbooking.com and taught by Nic Howard. The course is designed to teach scrapbooking techniques that add dimensional elements to traditional scrapbook layouts. I have completed four layouts based on Nic's techniques.

The first layout was a pre-class assignment in which we printed a scrapbooking "oath" onto patterned paper and then layered different paper strips and added a photo and dimensional embellishments. This layout will go in our Activities We Enjoy album.


For the second layout I used all four of the techniques taught in lesson one - paper tearing, paper curling, inking and distressing. I didn't follow Nic's template on this one because I wanted to use more than one or two photos, however I did try all the techniques. This was fairly different than my usual layout, but I like the way it looks with these photos of my nieces having fun. This layout will go in our People We Love album.

For lesson two, I've completed two layouts. The first one was a challenge to complete a page in 30 minutes using patterned papers to create your own unique background. I actually took 50 minutes to finish my layout, and I love the way it looks. I did this one as an 8 1/2x11 page and am planning to include it in with my 12x12 layouts in our People We Love album. This is something else that's new for me - mixing up layout sizes in the same album - something I'm trying out based on what I'm learning in the Library of Memories workshop I'm also taking through BigPictureScrapbooking.com.


And the final layout was again a little different than my normal layout. It also includes the custom background made from patterned papers, but this time I tore the paper and inked the edges and tried a little masking plus added lace and part of an old dictionary page to create a vintage look. This page will also go in our People We Love album.


The Dimensional Details Workshop is 13 weeks long and we are only in week 2 - I can hardly wait to see what else we learn and try out some more new techniques!

No comments: