Thursday, April 8, 2010

Closet #2 - Decluttering/Organizing

Decided that the second of my five closets I would declutter and organize would be the master bedroom closet. I chose this one next simply because it was almost done already! This is our most frequently used closet, so I tend to do a little straightening every time I hang up clean clothes or put away shoes. It stays fairly organized since everything has a place and the only items in the closet are those that "belong" there: clothes, shoes, hats, purses, belts, hair accessories, coats, and the laundry baskets. I actually worked on this closet early in February, so all that I needed to do today was straighten a little bit and then organize and declutter the shelf that runs around the top of the closet on three sides. It went fairly quickly as it was mostly straightening up. I did declutter two pair of shoes which I have set aside to go to our local donation center and one bag of hair accessories which I have set aside for my sister and nieces next time I see them.



Two closets down - Three to go! The tough part comes now - deciding which of the other three closets to tackle next! Like Scarlett though, I'll think about that tomorrow and will work on some scrapbooking for the rest of today.

No comments: